Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Out of Comission and new pendant photo

I took a free open level yoga class over two weeks ago. It was a much faster paced than I have ever done. I rested a few times too but I guess it was not enough. Three days after that class my left wrist started to fill a bit stiff and a particular point would hurt. I didn't do anything for it other than massage it and use a heat pad every so often. Then more of my wrist hurt and it was hard to make jewelry! I knew it was time to have it checked out. So i went to a Chinese Medicine doctor. He massaged certain points along my shoulder and arm with such strength that I had tears coming out of my eyes! i was screaming too! well, not that loud. then there was one point near my shoulder that made my entire arm twitch and felt like lighting shot through my arm! i think that was what he was looking for. then he put an herbal wrap on my wrist and this is what it looked like for the rest of the day.
I was making some earrings when I realized it was pretty painful to do with my left hand! So I have to be out of commission with making jewelry for awhile until the pain is completely gone.

I did get to take some pictures of my Dragonfly pendant.

New photo
Old photo:
Which do you like better?

5 comments:

Leah said...

I hope that you wrist gets better very quickly! I much prefer the new photo!

Duni said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your wrist. I hope the herbs make it all better soon. Lucky you to have a doctor who specializes in traditional Chinese medicine. I've been wanting to go to one for ages.

The dragonfly pendant is very beautiful. I also just completed a bag with a dragonfly motif!

Get well soon!

Duni

Gregorio said...

I feel for you I haven't been able to do any painting for quite some time due to wrist surgery.Hope you start feeling better.The pendant looks beautiful.

Audrey said...

I love the pendant! Hope your arm heals quickly.

Erik said...

I'm new to your site and checked your etsy site, but am unable to find information about purchasing your work...like this pendant. Please feel free to e-mail me. My info is on my blogger profile.

I hope your hand/arm/wrist all heal quickly (it's all connected). You might also consider ice...it really helps with inflamation and swelling.

I look forward to hearing from you.